The Yuma Metropolitan Planning Organization (YMPO) has established a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) program in accordance with regulations of the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), 49 CFR Part 26, and as a condition to receiving Federal financial assistance from the USDOT, YMPO has signed an assurance that it will comply with 49 CFR Part 26.
It is the policy of the YMPO to ensure that DBEs, as defined in part 26, have an equal opportunity to receive and participate in DOT‑assisted contracts. It is also our policy-
- To ensure nondiscrimination in the award and administration of DOT-assisted contracts in the DOT’s highway, and transit financial assistance programs,
- To create a level playing field from which DBEs can compete for DOT-assisted contracts;
- To ensure that the DBE program is narrowly tailored in accordance with applicable law;
- To ensure that only firms that fully meet 49 CFR Part 26 eligibility standards are permitted to participate as DBEs,
- To help remove barriers to the participation of DBEs in DOT-assisted contracts; and
- To assist in the development of firms that can compete successfully in the market place outside the DBE program.